Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 08:00 PM
- Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 08:00 PM
- 216 E Main St Johnson City TN 37604
- Prices Vary / Unspecified
- Call Willow Tree Coffee House at Yes, we do have a phone, it's in the freezer, because if we take it out, it rings and rings and rings and rings, and we don't have the staff to answer it. So, if you wish to contact us, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Dark Water Rising [Charly Lowry (lead singer/rhythm guitar), Aaron Locklear (keys/guitar/bass), Corey Locklear (lead guitar), Tony Murnahan (bass), and Emily Musolino (Vocals/Guitar)] continues to grow and amaze each time they perform. They are constantly developing their sound, song writing, and instrumentation. This is a band that possesses the talent, motivation and mindsets to be major players in a business oversaturated with wanna-be performers.
Lyrically, Dark Water Rising explores all themes of life, whether it is love, heartbreak, sacrifice, celebration, despair, or pain; all the while expressing their sentiment on issues affecting Native American communities. Dark Water Rising coined the genre of their music as "Rocky Soul", which is about as original as the songs that they create.
DWR's most recent album, "Grace & Grit: Chapter I" is just as engaging and intimate as watching one of their live performances. Dark Water Rising has garnered considerable radio air play on college radio and stations throughout Indian country, appeared on NPR's "The Story with Dick Gordon" and "The State of Things", and has earned a Native American Music Award for "Debut Duo or Group of the Year"(2010).
"A fan of strong, heartfelt lyrics will find much to chew on"
- J. Evan Wade- Home Grown Music Network
"Native Americans who piece together Southern rock full of gospel harmonies, hip-hop inflections and Motown soul with a journeyman work ethic. With bold songwriting and bewitching arrangements, DWR breaks rules effortlessly"
- Sylvia Pfeiffenberger - Indy Week
• 2014 Native American Music Award for "Best Inspirational Recording"
• 2010 Native American Music Award for "Debut Duo or Group of the Year"
12 Other Events on Saturday, July 22nd, 2017
Related Links for "Dark Water Rising Is Coming Back To The Willow Tree!" from Willow Tree Coffee House:
Share "Dark Water Rising Is Coming Back To The Willow Tree!":
- View the Profile page for Willow Tree Coffee House »
- Phone: Yes, we do have a phone, it's in the freezer, beca...
- Location: Johnson City, TN