Friday, October 20th, 2017 08:00 PM
- Friday, October 20th, 2017 08:00 PM
- 216 E Main St Johnson City TN 37604
- Prices Vary / Unspecified
- Call Willow Tree Coffee House at Yes, we do have a phone, it's in the freezer, because if we take it out, it rings and rings and rings and rings, and we don't have the staff to answer it. So, if you wish to contact us, please e-mail email@example.com
River Whyless, the Asheville, NC quartet, is named in spirit of the band’s ongoing love affair with the natural world. Since forming the band in 2009, musicians Ryan O'Keefe, Halli Anderson, Alex McWalters and Daniel Shearin have toured extensively, playing hundreds of shows from coast to coast and into Canada.
“Think Paul Simon; think imaginative arrangements with accents of music from around the world,” writes NPR’s Bob Boilen in his review of their latest album We All The Light. “Four ego-less musicians blend their talents on violin, guitars, drums, harmonium, cello, banjo, toy piano and (most importantly) vocal harmonies … combining exceptional songwriting talent and unexpected sounds for something truly singular.”
“It's rare to find artists who can evoke as much emotion as River Whyless," writes Paste, naming the band’s self-titled EP one of the best of 2015.
The band’s music has been described as folk-rock, nature-pop, and baroque-folk, but in the end the members of River Whyless hope only to lend craft to their passions.
8 Other Events on Friday, October 20th, 2017
Related Links for "River Whyless Is Coming Back To The Willow Tree!" from Willow Tree Coffee House:
Share "River Whyless Is Coming Back To The Willow Tree!":
- View the Profile page for Willow Tree Coffee House »
- Phone: Yes, we do have a phone, it's in the freezer, beca...
- Location: Johnson City, TN