In conjunction with the ongoing Green Spring Road Relocation project, the two Northbound Cummings Street lanes will be reduced down to 10’ lane widths from the Washington Crossings entrance to just north of the Cook Street intersection signal. This will allow for construction of the new Cummings Street right turn lane onto the planned Cook Street Extension section of the project. The lane width reduction will be accomplished by installing a slight lane shift along Northbound Cummings Street at the Washington Crossings entrance along with installing Temporary Concrete Traffic Barrier Service along the right shoulder throughout the lane width reduction section. Installation of the lane reduction and traffic shift will require a daytime lane closure – installation time requiring a lane closure is expected to be 2-3 days. This work is planning to begin on or about Monday, November 5, 2018.
About Abingdon, Virginia Police Department:
This is the of the Abingdon, Virginia Police Department.
We reserve the right to delete or hide from public view any submissions, posts or messages which contain:
1. Vulgar language, whether implied or otherwise stated; including graphic, obscene, explicit, racist or sexist comments
2. Threats of harm to law enforcement or members of the public
3. Personal attacks of any kind towards officers, staff or members of the public
4. Abusive, hateful or slanderous comments, whether implied or otherwise stated, regarding any person, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, organization or nation
6. Comments that suggest, endorse or encourage illegal activity
7. Promotion, solicitation or advertisement of particular services, products, events or political organizations or candidates
8. Infringement of copyrights or trademarks
9. Personally identifiable or sensitive information, including medical informationThis is the Abingdon, VA Police Department . If you have an emergency, call 911. This site is not monitored 24 hours a day.